Friday, September 17, 2010

Week 3 blog

I really don't know how to use the other operating systems besides Windows.  I have used mac before, although rarely, but I could probably muddle my way through it. I have never used Linux...although I was confused about the relationship of Linux and Foxfire (there was a link from the Linux info to mozilla.org). However, I was very intrigued about the mozilla calendar systems: Sunbird and Lightening.  Although I had heard the name Linux I really didn't know anything about it (even that it is an operating system).  I really liked the history of the MAC and linux system.  It was really interesting to see the progression.  Since being in this program I have realized how technologically stunted I am. Hopefully this class will help!

2 comments:

  1. I can't agree with you more about being confused. Apparently there are Linux and UNIX platforms available in the computing labs on campus. I think I'll try to experiment with them the next time I'm in a lab and maybe whoever else is using them won't mind if I ask questions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am "technologically stunted" as well! These articles were difficult especially since I'm not familiar with the terminology, and I also don't stay up to date on the latest upgrades. I thought it was interesting when I clicked on the Debian OS in the Linux article that it had a social contract, I'm guessing because it's an open source system.

    ReplyDelete